Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Going Foundation Free- It CAN be done!

 I play with makeup with way kids play with crayons. I'll give myself a full face then wash it and start over, just for fun. I go through phases with makeup when I am really into certain products. I went through a colored eye liner phase, a lipstick phase, and now I'm on a concealer kick, with creams, camaflauges, hi-lighters, and primers and i discovered something. I don't need foundation. When concealer is done right, the color matches skintone exactly, it stays put and is applied right, you really don't have to bother with foundation assuming you have an even skintone. i use a salmon colored concealer mixed with a skintoned concealer to neutralize undereye circles, and a camouflage concealer pressed in with a small brush on my blemishes and thats it. i can leave it alone and left my pores breathe. and since foundations are the most expensive item in my kit, this allows me to save it for special occasions and clients.

in my next post i will discuss how to properly apply these concealers so that foundation isn't necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment